7 year old male castrated mixed breed dog. One week history of weakness on one side and inappropriate urination in the house. Blood work and abdominal radiographs normal.
- Mentation: Quiet and appropriate
- Cranial Nerves: Positional vertical nystagmus, head turn to the left
- Gait: Non-ambulatory, weak on the left, vestibular ataxia
- Postural reactions: Delayed in left front and left hind, normal on the right.
- Reflexes: Within normal limits
- M/S: Within normal limits
Imaging Findings: Intraparenchymal mass located in the left thalamus extending to the left olfactory bulb. The lateral ventricle on the left was altered in shape and size. There was cerebellar herniation.